Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Mojo is Back, Baby!

My pathetic little goal for the holidays was simply to survive them. And I did! Now it's a new year, a new perspective, and I'm raring to go.

I want to publicly thank my friends (cyber and not) and family for helping lift me when I was down.  I have never felt in such comforting arms before and I'm truly grateful.  Your love, strength and witnessing sustained me.

When Keith moved out most of the artwork went with him.  His dad was an artist and many of the pieces we had were either created by him or were given to us from his gallery.  That left some gaps on the wall to fill, so one of the first things I did was remind myself that I could purchase something that appealed to my own tastes. What a concept!

I looked around for awhile and nothing really struck me for a bit. Until I saw this at a Kirkland's store. I loved it right away and was able to purchase it at a 40% off sale.  It's now graced the wall in the family room for several months and every time I look at it I feel relaxed.




Now obviously, art is subjective. For me, I find the colors very peaceful. There's a nice variety of golds, sage, and burgundy. I want to walk down the street, stop in at the coffee shop to meet a friend and have a croissant, pat the dog on the head.  I've been looking at what I own that brings me great joy and expresses my feelings, so that when it's time to move into a new home I'll already have some sense of how I want to decorate it. What is ME?

This piece is now one of my inspiration pieces. Anyone want to grab a cappuccino with me?

Love and hugs,
Linda

3 comments:

Jen said...

That's a great picture!

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I love it! I'm a coffee drinker, so I'd love to saunter down that lane with ya, stop for a cuppa...
You will just keep finding yourself more and more now. Great choice!

Tracey McBride ~ Frugal Luxuries® said...

Love, love, love your writing Linda! I felt I was in the picture with you...and...of course...enjoying a coffee with you (I'd have to pass on the croissant this time ;)! So smart of you to choose a palette to work within.

Your blog is a pleasure to read.

Warmly,
Tracey
x0x